Drones are and will reshape our world and the way we view it.
Be informed and imagine the possibilities; This first book covers three main types of agricultural systems: the use of robotics, drones (unmanned aerial vehicles), and satellite-guided precision farming methods. Some of these are well refined and are currently in use, while others are in need of refinement and are yet to become popular. The book provides a valuable source of information on this developing field for those involved with agriculture and farming and agricultural engineering. The book is also applicable as a textbook for students and a reference for faculty.
I have selected some other useful books from Amazon, just click on any of them and it will give you more detail.
As farmers or anyone working in the agricultural field we need to be well informed of their application and use and understand the benefits of drone technology to our business.
Within this page I have included some local links for Gippslanders and I have included some other very useful links for those wanting to know more.
DJI will have to be among those you consider.
DJI Begin the journey.
Drones are here in Gippsland and you can see them at the Drone Hub http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-07-28/drone-centre-of-excellence-opens-in-victoria/8751544 and another article to view is http://www.fpress.com.au/bbc/bawbaw/drone-hub-established-at-lardner-park
Not all drones are suited to farm applications or to your budget, you can spend from $700 to $20,000 so do your research.
Some considerations when purchasing your first drone and other factors which will influence your choice.
- Drone monitoring allows you to cover larger areas, and enable a quick and efficient property inspection
- They provide GPS location and visual information to aid in livestock or crop inspection
- They have a low noise footprint which does not scare the animals
- Agricultural drones can be equipped with different types of cameras and sensors, including thermal, providing complete and accurate information
- UAV animal tracking allows for the surveillance of large areas and over different terrains both day and night.
- UAVs can collect relevant information and compare the results over time, allowing trends and patterns to be identified
Some things to look for:
- Maximum Efficiency
- Reliability and Longevity
- Ease of use
- Intelligent Memory
- Design Options
- Terrain Follow
- Dedicated Remote Controller
- Service for repairs
- Budget parameters.
- Ongoing Support
If you want some expert advice and would like to view a comprehensive range of drones available for purchase hit the link below.
DJI for Drones
DJI drones are leading the way in reshaping our world with a drone to suit every application