Camera and Drones to the Rescue: Keeping us Safe
The following video was on the news in Australia today. Every beach side resort needs to have one of these drones. How many lives could be saved if one of these were employed for every busy beach side resort over Summer?
These drones are a game-changer.They allow lifesavers to have an eye in the sky, and drop potentially life-saving flotation devices to swimmers in distress.This summer has been horrific, with 21 recorded drowning deaths. If elected, we'll give Lifesaving Clubs the tools they need to keep us all safe at the beach.Source: 9 News Melbourne
Posted by Matthew Guy on Sunday, March 25, 2018
Cameras and drones are being deployed in many ways to make life easier but also safer for all of us. They can go places people cannot easily go. They can view from above and they are efficient with the time it takes for them to position themselves for optimum viewing and for providing instant feed back.
Each year Australia loses a significant number of its people as a result of drowning. Many of these could be avoided by deploying drones in key areas where there are known risks.
If Governments fund a working drone for every Surf Life Saving Club we may be able to save as many as 100 of those lives as a guesstimate. What value is a human life?
By doing the maths it is soon apparent that the drones would not take long to pay for themselves in saved lives and saved time. This to me is a no brainer for any and every Government to invest in. .
What are the best camera and drones to use?
You can be your own operator/director and tell your story in a unique and creative way, capturing professional quality and crystal clear imagery giving you a distinct advantage.
The DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter has
- 4k UHD video recording with fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal; Vision Positioning system allows stable flight indoors
- Lightbridge digital streaming allows live viewing of 720p video (full resolution video is simultaneously recorded on the internal microSD card)
- Included flight battery and rechargable remote controller means this system is ready to fly out of the box.
- DJI Pilot app for iOS and Android allows live viewing and complete camera control (phone/tablet sold separately; see DJI’s website for compatible models)
- Refer to the Tutorial Videos given in the Image Section on the Catalog before use for the proper training.
To find out more hit the link below.
The DJI Mavic Pro
This compact little gem has it all.
- It is compact and easily transportable
- It can fly up to 7km away with its unique transmission technology
- Will fly for up to 27 minutes with 1 battery
- It has a powerful 4K camera with 3-axis gimbal stabilisation
- It can be controlled with simple gestures!
- Use just your mobile phone to direct its movements
- It comes with the ability to capture, edit and share your images and videos directly through phone or tablet
- Has a built in obstacle avoidance system
This amazing little drone has all the technology of the bigger drones and it is very user friendly.
It has some excellent reviews giving it even more credibility.
Here is just one of those reviews
Everything I Expected and More
Review by Sky King on 2/10/2017
As a long-term fixed wing pilot, it is easier than expected to fly due to the technology built-in.
It is definitely better to go more expensive and be able to confidently bring it home than buy cheaper and not have the support and technology.
Lots of fun and great overall value.”
I would love to hear from you so before you go please